martes, 22 de febrero de 2011

What a loss to spend that much time with someone, only to find out that she's a stranger.

"Really very educated. I mean, she's smart, I think, but not educated. I couldn't really talk to her about books, you know? She's more of a magazine-reading girl. Her vocabulary leaves something to be desired. Sometimes-- I was embarrassed in public... "
Clem: Hi.
"...because she would pronounce... library: 'libary'."
Joel: Hi. Look what I found.

"I think if there's a truly seductive quality about Clementine, it's that her personality promises to take you out of the mundane."
Clem: You made me look skinny.
"Amazing, burning meteorite... will carry you to another world where things are exciting. But what you quickly learn is that... it's really an elaborate ruse."
Joel: I'm sorry I yelled at you.
Clem: It's okay.
"So flashy in a kind of obvious way. But still, it seduces you."
Clem: Joel, I really like you. I hate that I said mean things about you.
Joel: Let me turn this off, okay?
Clem: Hey, it's--it's only fair.

"Where's the real Clementine? I mean, the whole thing with the hair-- it's all bullshit."
Joel: I really like your hair.
Clem: Thank you.
Joel: I do. You want a drink or something?
Clem: Do you have any whiskey?
"No, I don't think her sex is... motivated
. I saw it clearly the last night we were together. It wasn't sex. It was just sad."
Joel: Hey. Sorry. I thought there was more.

"The only way Clem thinks she can get people to like her... is to fuck 'em... or at least dangle the possibility of getting fucked in front of'em. And she's so desperate and insecure that she'll, sooner or later, go around fucking everybody."
Clem: I don't do that.
Joel: I wouldn't think that about you.
Clem: Because I don't.
Joel: I know.
Clem: Because it really hurts me that you said that because I don't do that.
Joel: I'm so sorry. I'm sorry about all this.
Clem:
I'm little confused. I don't really think I can be here. Um... bye.
Joel: Bye.
"I thought I really knew her"
Clem: It was nice meeting you and all.
"But I don't know her. What a loss to spend that much time with someone, only to find out that she's a stranger."

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) by Michel Gondry

No hay comentarios: