martes, 22 de febrero de 2011

I find reading them inspirational!

Mary: I like watching you work, Howard.
Stan: I guess, uh-- I guess I'll go out for-- for some air, if nobody minds. It looks like you have everything under control here.
Howard: Yeah, that's, uh-- that's fine.
Mary:
Do you like quotes, Howard?
Howard: What do you mean?
Mary:
Oh, you know, like famous quotes? I find reading them inspirational, and in my reading, I've come across some I thought you might like too.
Howard: Oh, well, I-- I'd love to hear some.
Mary: There's one that goes, ''Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.''
Howard: That's Nietzsche, right?
Mary: Yeah.
And here I thought I could tell you something you didn't know.
Howard: Oh, no. It's-- It's a good quote. I'm happy we both know it.
Mary: Yeah. Oh, and there's this other one I like. It's by Pope Alexander, and it goes--
Howard: Alexander Pope?
Mary: Oh, yeah. Yeah, shit. It's just that I told myself not to say ''Pope Alexander'' and sound like a dope, and then I go ahead and say it.
Howard: It's no big deal.
Mary:
You're such a sweetheart. The quote goes—

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) by Michel Gondry

No hay comentarios: