sábado, 26 de febrero de 2011

It's been a pretty lonely couple of years.

INT. RESTAURANT - NIGHT
 Joel sits across from Naomi.
 NAOMI: (oddly cautious) So... you haven't been involved with anyone in all this time?
 JOEL:  
It's been a pretty lonely couple of years.
 NAOMI: I'm sorry.
 JOEL:  
Well, it was my fault -- the break-up. I'm sorry.
 NAOMI: Oh, sweetie. It really does cut both ways.  
We were taking each other for granted and --
 JOEL: I miss you.
 NAOMI: Miss you, too. (awkward pause) I have been seeing someone for a little while.
 JOEL: (trying for enthusiasm) Oh!  Great. That's great!
 NAOMI: A religion instructor at Columbia. A good guy. He's a good guy.
 JOEL: I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have --
 NAOMI: I'm glad you called.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2003) by Charlie Kaufman

No hay comentarios: