viernes, 28 de enero de 2011

People have begun to loose their hopes and forget their dreams.

G’mork:
If you come any closer I will rip you to shreds.

Atreyu:
Who are you?

G’mork:
I am G'mork. And you, whoever you are, can have the honor of being my last victim.

Atreyu:
I will not die easily. I am a warrior.

G’mork:
Brave warrior, then fight the nothing.

Atreyu:
But I can't ! I can't get beyond the boundaries of Fantasia. What's so funny about that?

G’mork:
Fantasia has no boundaries.

Atreyu:
That's not true. You're lying.

G’mork:
Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia?
It's the world of human fantasy. Every part ,every
creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind.
Therefor, it has no boundaries.

Atreyu:
But why is Fantasia dying then?

G’mork:
Because people have begun to loose their hopes
and forget their dreams. So the nothing grows stronger.

Atreyu:
What is the nothing?!

G’mork:
It's the emptiness that's left. It's like a despair,
destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.

Atreyu:
But why ?

G’mork:
Because people who have no hopes are easy to control.
And whoever has control has the power.

The NeverEnding Story (1984) by Wolfgang Petersen

2 comentarios:

Belsan dijo...

Amé esa película! Y el libro fue mi favorito durante buena parte de mi infancia ^^

Andie Tangerine dijo...

Yo amé la película tenía años sin verla, y simplemente la vi en una video y la renté!!
Ahora me dan ganas de leer el libro!