miércoles, 12 de enero de 2011

Meet me in Montauk

Clem: You married?
Joel: No.
Clem: Let's move into this neighborhood!
Joel: I do sort of live with someone though.
Clem: Male or female?
Joel: What? Female. Female.
Clem: At least I'm not barking up the wrong tree.
Joel: You know these people?
Clem:No, of course not. Come on.
Joel: They might have a dog.
Clem: There's no dog.
Joel: What are you doing?
Clem: It's freezing out.
Joel: I can't believe this. Clementine!
Clem: Whoo-hoo! Come on, man. The water's fine.
Nobody's coming here tonight. Believe me.

Clem: So, uh, What's your girlfriend's name?
Joel: Naomi, but we're not really-- I mean-- We're--
Clem: Whatever. So this is great. Now I can look for, um, candles, matches... and the liquor cabinet.
Joel: Oh, God. I think we should go.
Clem: There's no phone line. What?
Joel: I think we should go.
Clem: Why? It's our house... just for tonight.
We are ''David and Ruth Laskin.'' Which one do you want to be? I prefer to be Ruth, but I can be flexible.
Joel: What are you do--
Clem: Alcohol!
Joel: Oh, boy.
Clem: So, are you okay with wine?
Joel: I don't know.
Clem: Well, you choose the wine. I'm gonna go find the bedroom and slip into something more... Ruth.

Clem: I'm Ruth-less at the moment.
Joel: I really should go. I've gotta catch my ride.
Clem: So go.

Joel: I did. I thought maybe you were a nut, but you were exciting.
Clem: I wish you'd stayed.
Joel: I wish I'd stayed too. Now I wish I'd stayed. I wish I'd done a lot of things. Oh, God, I wish I had-- I wish I'd stayed. I do.
Clem: Well, I came back downstairs, and you were gone.
Joel: I walked out. I walked out the door.
Clem: Why?
Joel: I don't know. I felt like a scared little kid. I was like-- It was above my head. I don't know.
Clem: You were scared?
Joel: Yeah. Thought you knew that about me. I ran back to the bonfire, trying to outrun my humiliation, I think.
Clem: Was it something I said?
Joel: Yeah. You said, ''So go''... with such disdain, you know?
Clem: Oh, I'm sorry.
Joel: It's okay.

Clem: Joely? What if you stayed this time?
Joel: I walked out the door. There's no memory left.
Clem: Come back and make up a good-bye, at least. Let's pretend we had one. Bye, Joel.
Joel: I love you.
Clem: Meet me in Montauk.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) by Michel Gondry

No hay comentarios: