domingo, 30 de enero de 2011

I'm OK

Once upon a time there was a girl
In her early years she had to learn
How to grow up living in a war that she called home
Never know just where to turn for shelter from the storm
Hurt me to see the pain across my mother's face
I would cry up in my room
Hoping it would be over soon

Bruises fade, but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so afraid
Every morning that I wake I look back to yesterday
And I'm OK

I often wonder why I carry all this guilt
When it's you that helped me put up all these walls I've built
Shadows stir at night through a crack in the door
The echo of a broken child screaming "please no more"
Don't you understand the damage you have done
To you it's just a memory, but for me it still lives on

It's not so easy to forget
All the lines you left along her neck
When I was thrown against cold stairs
And every day I'm afraid to come home
In fear of what I might see there

No hay comentarios: