viernes, 4 de marzo de 2011

Because I like you and trust you.

Mary Boleyn: So, this is it?... Where the king of England sleeps?
King Henry VIII: And reads and writes. Finds a few moments each day to himself.
Mary Boleyn: And yet you invite me here?
King Henry VIII: Because I like you and trust you.
Mary Boleyn: You hardly know me.
King Henry VIII: I am lied to a hundred times a day. Petitioned. Lobbied. One learns how to decifer a face. Yours is as the sun. One shouldn't gaze too long.
My flattery makes you uncomfortable?... Because compliments in your family are usually for some else. The elder sister... That's something I understand. What it is to be the second child. Forever in the shadows... I'm making you uncomfortable again.

The Other Boleyn Girl (2008) by Justin Chadwick

No hay comentarios: