sábado, 5 de junio de 2010

I should allow myself the freedom to go out and fucking find it


CLEMENTINE
Well, I've been having a bad time of it with um, my boyfriend, I guess.


MIERZWIAK
You guess he's your boyfriend? Or you guess you're having a bad time with him?

CLEMENTINE
What? No. I don't like the term boyfriend. It's so gay.
Maybe gay isn't the right word. But, anyway, it's been rough with him... whatever the fuck he is. Heheh. My significant other... heh heh. And I guess on a certain level, I want to break it off, but I feel... y'know... it's like this constant questioning and re questioning. Do I end it? Should I give it more time? I'm not happy, but what do I expect? Relationships require work. You know the drill. The thing that I keep coming back to is, I'm not getting any younger,
I want to have a baby... at some point... maybe... right? So then I think I should settle -- which is not necessarily the best word -- I mean, he's a good guy. It's not really settling. Then I think maybe I'm just a victim of movies, y'know? That I have some completely unrealistic notion of what a relationship can be. But then I think, no, this is what I really want, so I should allow myself the freedom to go out and fucking find it. You know? Agreed? But then I think he is a good guy and... It's complicated. Y'know?

MIERZWIAK
I think I know. I think we can help. Why don't you start by telling me about your relationship. Everything you can think of. Everything about him. Everything about you. And we'll take it from there.


CLEMENTINE
Um, well, he's a fucking tidy one --

No hay comentarios: