martes, 21 de septiembre de 2010

Pleasantville (1998) by Gary Ross

Nothing Is As Simple As Black And White

Nobody's happy in a poodle skirt and a sweater set.

I did the slut thing, David. It got kinda old.

Jennifer: And I still don't see why we're doing this!
David: Because we're supposed to be in school.
Jennifer: We're supposed to be at home, David. We're supposed to be in color!
Well, I better get going. Your show's almost on.

Jennifer: Hey, can I ask you a question?
David: Sure.
Jennifer: How come I'm still in black and white?
David: What?
Jennifer: I've had, like, ten times as much sex as the rest of these girls, and I still look like this. I mean, they spend, like, an hour in the back seat of some car and all of a sudden they're in Technicolor?
David: I don't know. Maybe it's not just the sex.

David's Mom: When your father was here, I used to think, "This was it. This is the way it was always going to be. I had the right house. I had the right car. I had the right life."
David: There is no right house. There is no right car.

I knew you'd pay a price for this. I knew you couldn't be so hopelessly geek-ridden for so long without suffering some really tragic consequences.

Well, it looks like we're going to have another sunny day - high 72, low 72, and not a cloud in the sky.

Up until now everything around here has been, well, pleasant. Recently certain things have become unpleasant. Now, it seems to me that the first thing we have to do is to separate out the things that are pleasant from the things that are unpleasant.


I was thinking of wearing that red thing... it's not slutty!... it's fun.

Jennifer: You listen to me for just a minute! I don't know what you've done to us, but you better fix it!
David: Shhh!
Jennifer: Fast! I had a date with Mark Davis and I even bought new underwear!

You should know the answer to that! The end of Main Street is just the beginning again.

You can't do this, Jennifer! He doesn't exist! You can't do this to someone who doesn't exist!

It's just... where am I going to see colors like that?

I think you should try not to think about that anymore.

This is the only book I've ever read in my whole life, and you're not going to put it on that fire!

No hay comentarios: