domingo, 18 de julio de 2010

The Secret Garden (1993) by Agnieszka Holland

Mary: My name is Mary Lennox. I was born in India. It was hot, and strange, and lonely in India. I didn't like it. Nobody by my servant, my ayah, looked after me. My parents didn't want me. My mother cared only to go to parties. And my father was busy with his military duties. I was never allowed to go to the parties. I watched them from my mother's bedroom window. I was angry, but I never cried. I didn't know how to cry.

Colin: Hair is dead.
Mary: If it's dead, why does it keep growing all the time, even after you're dead? Well, maybe not your hair. You'll probably be bald.
Colin: Don't be daft. I'll die before I'm ever old enough to go bald.
Mary: I hate the way you talk about dying.
Colin: Everyone thinks I'm going to die.
Mary: If everyone thought that about me, I still wouldn't do it.

Mary: You don't know anything about anything; none of you - nothing!

Colin: Are you making this magic?
Mary: No, you are.
Colin: Just like in the story. It's like the whole universe is in here.
Mary: I'm certain it is.
Colin: That means I could marry you.
Mary: What? But we're cousins!
Colin: I don't care. I want us always to be together.
Mary: We are together.

Lord Craven: You brought us back to life, Mary. You did something I thought no one could do.

Colin: See, that's a picture of my mother.
Mary: Why do you keep it covered up?
Colin: My father doesn't like to see it. I don't look like her at all. But you, you look like her. She smiles too much.
Mary: Smiles too much? How can a person smile too much?
Colin: Sometimes I hate her. She died when I was born.
Mary: But I thought she died falling off the swing in her garden.
Colin: Her garden? What garden?
Mary: Oh, just a garden.

Colin: I'm going to die.
Mary: From what?
Colin: Everything.

Mary: Oh, stop it! I hate you! Everybody hates you! You're so selfish. You the most selfish boy there ever was!
Colin: I'm not as selfish as you are! Just because I'm always ill!
Mary: No on ill could scream like that!
Colin: I'm going to die!
Mary: What would you know about dying?
Colin: My mother died!
Mary: Both my parents died!

No hay comentarios: