domingo, 24 de octubre de 2010

I've seen you, man!

-Hi.
-I'm sorry?
- I just said hi.
- Hi. Hello. Hi.
-Okay if I sit closer?
-How far are you going?
-Uh, Rockville Center.
-Get out! Me too!
-Really?
-What are the odds? Do I know you? Do you ever shop at Barnes & Noble?
-Sure. Sure.
-That's it!
-Yeah?
-I've seen you, man!
-Book slave there for, like, five years now.
-Ah. I would have thought I would've remembered you.
Jesus! Is it five years?
-It might be the hair.
-What might?
-It changes a lot...The color.That's why you might not recognize me.It's called Blue Ruin, the color.
-Right. Yeah.
-Snappy name, huh?
-I like it.
-Anyway, this company makes a whole line of colors with equally snappy names. Red... Red Menace, Yellow Fever, Green Revolution.That'd be a job, coming up with those names.
-You think there could possibly be a job like that? I mean, how many hair colors could there be? Fifty, maybe.
-Someone's got that job.Agent Orange! I came up with that one. I apply my personality in a paste.
-Oh, I doubt that very much.
-Well, you don't know me, so...you don't know, do you?
-Sorry. I was just...I'm trying to be nice.
-Yeah. I got it. My name's Clementine, by the way.
-I'm Joel.
-Hi, Joel. Hey no jokes about my name. Oh, no, you wouldn't do that.You're trying to be nice
-I don't know any jokes about your name.
-Huckleberry Hound.
-I don't know what that means.
-Huckleberry Hound? What are you, nuts?
-It's been suggested.
-Oh, my darlin', oh, my darlin' Oh, my darlin' Clementine
You were lost and gone forever dreadful sorry Clementine
-No?
-I'm sorry. Just... It's a pretty name, though. It really is nice.
It's, uh...It means "merciful."Right? Clemency?
-Although it hardly fits.I'm a vindictive little bitch, truth be told.
-Gee, l-I wouldn't think that about you.
-Why wouldn't you think that about me?
-I don't know.I just...I don't know. I just, uh...You seem nice, so...
-Oh, now I'm nice? Oh, God. Don't you know any other adjectives? I don't need "nice." I don't need myself to be it, and I don't need anybody else to be it at me.
-Okay.
-Joel?, It's Joel, right?
-Yes.
-I'm sorry I yelled at you. I'm a little out of sorts today.
My embarrassing admission is, I really like that you're nice right now. I mean, I can't tell from one moment to the next what I'm gonna like, but right now...I'm glad you are.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) by Michel Gondry

No hay comentarios: