domingo, 12 de abril de 2009

Chuck Palahniuk

“The best way to waste your life, ... is by taking
notes. The easiest way to avoid living is to just watch. Look for the
details. Report. Don't participate.”

“The unreal is more powerful than the real, because
nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only
intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone
crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a
thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”

“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.”

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.”

“Just remember, the same as a spectacular Vogue
magazine, remember that no matter how close you follow the jumps:
Continued on page whatever. No matter how careful you are, there's
going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under
your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart
feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've
been paying attention. Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your
whole life will feel some day. This is all practice. None of this
matters. We're just warming up.”

“It's because we're so trapped in our culture, in the
being of being human on this planet with the brains we have, and the
same two arms and legs everybody has. We're so trapped that any way we
could imagine to escape would be just another part of the trap.
Anything we want, we're trained to want.”

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”

“What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be
indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all
my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual
addiction."

“Maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves.”

“Only through destroying myself can I discover the greater power of my spirit.”

“You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the
last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple
years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've
got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the
perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely
nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.”

“I just don't want to die without a few scars.”

“All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.”

“Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.”

“You know, the condom is the glass slipper of our
generation. You slip it on when you meet a stranger. You dance all
night, then you throw it away. The condom, I mean. Not the stranger.”

"'I want out of the labels. I don't want my whole
life crammed into a single word. A story. I want to find something
else, unknowable, some place to be that's not on the map. A real
adventure.'
A spinx. A mystery. A blank. Unknown. Undefined."”

“You must realize that one day you will die. Until then you are worthless.”

“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't
recognized. What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher. What
we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call
gibberish. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only
the inevitable.”


and more...

No hay comentarios: